Home Explodes With Owner Inside; Intense Heat Melts Deputies’ Boots & Coats

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

sheriff-cruiserGIRARD TWP., Mich. (March 18, 2014) — Deputies in Branch County saved a man and three dogs after his home exploded.

According to the sheriff’s office, a call came in on March 17 around 11:50 a.m. that a home had exploded. Off-duty deputies were driving by the home on the corner of Bidwell and Marshall roads, saw the explosion, and responded. They found that a wall had been blown open and that the homeowner was standing inside, still in shock, trying to use his phone.

The home was burning when deputies went inside and got the man out. They say that they could feel the heat radiating up through the floors where the homeowner was standing, and after getting him out, they realized their coats and boots were melting.

Deputies also saved three dogs and they managed to hook up the homeowner’s vehicle to theirs and pull it away from the home.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s


Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.