Amish girl dies in Branch Co. fire, kerosene stove to blame

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

BUTLER TOWNSHIP, Mich, — ┬áPolice have determined the cause of the house fire that killed a 3-year-old Amish girl on Wednesday.

The Branch County Sheriff’s Department said the fire started around 11:00 a.m. in Butler Township.

Leah Graber, 3, died in the fire. Police said the girl’s mother was cooking when the fire broke out and family members tried to save the little girl, but it was too late.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

1 Comment

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.