Camping stove leak sparks house fire

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

CALEDONIA, Mich. — A man is recovering Saturday afternoon after a fire was sparked in his home while he was handling some camping equipment, fire officials say.

Fire and Police responded to the 7500 block of Traditional Ct. just after 2:00 p.m. on reports of a house fire.

A man in his late 20’s was reportedly checking some camping equipment when a small fold up stove started leaking, eventually sparking a fire in his bedroom.

The fuel reportedly got inside drawers inside the man’s room, and in a panic he started attempting to throw items that had caught fire outside his home.  In the process of trying to get things out, fuel leaked onto the man’s hands and feet.  He was taken to a local hospital for treatment.

The home was left with significant smoke damage.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s


Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.