Road Work: Division Avenue S to close; Roundabout crews get busy
GAINES TOWNSHIP, Mich. — Road crews are getting busy in West Michigan.
Construction will close Division Avenue S. between 100th Street and the Allegan County line. The closure, now rescheduled to begin April 23, will continue until July 25, says the Kent County Road Commission.
Detour: Use 100th Street, Kalamazoo Avenue, and 146th Avenue. (See map.)
Closures will finally take place Tuesday at the intersection of Wilson Avenue and Remembrance Road as work ramps up on the roundabout that will replace the traffic signal and diagonal intersection.
- Wilson Avenue closed north of the intersection.
- Remembrance Road closed south of the intersection.
- Through traffic on M-11 will be able to use the intersection without stops, but lane closures will lead into the intersection.
- More lane closures can be expected with resurfacing on M-11/Remembrance Road between Wilson Avenue and I-96.
More scheduled work for Tuesday, April 21:
- Eastbound I-96 from US-131 to the Dean Lake Avenue overpass: Crews on right shoulder on 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. through Friday, April 24. (No lane closures.)
- Eastbound and westbound I-96 between US-131 and the Ionia County line: Crews on the left shoulder at various locations requiring guardrail repair. d(No lane closures.)
- Lane closures for patching at various locations on Cascade Road between Robinson Road and the East Beltline.
- Crews on the shoulder on the ramp from eastbound I-96 to southbound US-131. (No lane closures.)
- Multiple lane closures on westbound M-89/Allegan Street just west of Farmer Street in Otsego.
- Right lane closed on southbound US-31 at Laketon Avenue, Muskegon, 9 a.m. to noon.
- Ramp closed from Laketon Avenue to southbound US-31, Muskegon, 9 a.m. to noon.