Young men rescue man and dog from Roosevelt Park fire

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

ROOSEVELT PARK, Mich. -- Two young neighbors of a man who fell asleep as he was cooking saved the man from a fire that broke out. They saved his little dog, too.

Alex Bisard and Alec Edwards had just arrived home at Tiffany Woods Apartments in Roosevelt Park in the Muskegon area just before 8 p.m. Wednesday when they saw smoke.

"I seen him laying on the couch by the window," said Bisard. " He was saying, 'Help me, help me,' so I kicked in the screen and got him out."

Meanwhile, Edwards acted quickly to put out the fire, first filling a garbage can with water to use on the fire and grabbing a fire extinguisher.

The fire was confined to the man's apartment, and no one was hurt.

Firefighters at the scene congratulated the young men for their quick thinking.




Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s