Woman bites into Krispy Kreme doughnut, gets nasty surprise

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

GLASGOW, United Kingdom-- A woman who purchased a Krispy Kreme doughnut got a little more than she paid for.

When Ria Findlay bit into a caramel doughnut, she also took a bite of a latex glove. Findlay told The Mirror this was her first doughnut with filling inside.

“As it was my first, I was discussing flavors of the filling with my colleague next to me," she said. “It was like: ‘Oooh there’s caramel, and cream and oh what’s this blue stuff?’"

Findlay and her friend eventually realized the "blue stuff" was actually a latex glove.

“Being 7 months pregnant, my gag reflex was in overload," Findlay told The Mirror.

Findlay also posted a photo of the doughnut on Instagram where Krispy Kreme UK posted a response:

"Hi Ria, please accept our apologies. Please can you send full details over to us so we can investigate and liaise with you > helpdesk@krispykreme.co.uk. Our customer care team will be in touch with you tomorrow."

A Krispy Kreme UK spokeswoman also released a statement to The Mirror:

"We are extremely sorry to hear about this incident. We take our food hygiene very seriously and are currently conducting a full investigation into the matter.

Krispy Kreme has an exemplary food safety record and we endeavor to take care at all stages of our food production process to ensure that products are produced in a hygienic and safe manner.

Once our investigations are complete, we will write to the customer to advise her of our findings."

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s


  • Big Tam

    I see the test recipt, so I take it it came from there. I had a similar experience a short time ago with oatmeal (red bag). The damn thing was crawling with these wee get’s (insects), totally disgusting. The company, not tesco were straight onto it and sent me a cheque for a fiver… A fiver!, I should have sued their bloody asses of. I think it was that which gave me the IBM. Tight are get’s.

  • mike a.

    seriously, Fox news get your facts strait. you assume it was a latex glove and use the term as a generic name for a rubber glove. latex is hardly used and many places can not use latex. since it was a blue glove it is defiantly not latex. do your research before you write.

    • Bobbi

      Seriously, Mike you need to get your facts straight and learn how to spell before you point fingers at others shortcomings!

  • davidcf

    there is no need for a invistagation there just needs to be a sorry letter wtitten as well as a cash reward it’s obvious what happen here a glove got in the mix so I would be looking for the rest of them that came from that same batch and remove them from sales floor ASAP and maybe go to a dr to make sure that y did not get a poison from the die off the gloves or any other issues plus this is important because u are with child and if it was me I would contact a lawyer ASAP as well to make sure this never happens again see people are in such hurry at food places they are not paying att to the food they are making I’m hearing about all kinds of stuff people are finding on people s food keep your eyes open everyone so y do not get ill

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.