The accident occurred at 11 a.m. at the King Milling Company on South Broadway Street.
The Lowell Police Department said that the man was a contractor working on the property using an airlift.
Police believe that the lift came in contact with electrical wires where the contractor was working. It caused electrical issues that started the tires of the lift on fire.
Lowell authorities are not sure but do believe that the man attempted to jump from the airlift to the silo.
It is still unclear if the man was electrocuted.
The man did not survive the injuries.
The accident is still undergoing investigation.