I-94 to be closed at night this weekend in Battle Creek
BATTLE CREEK, Mich. — The demolition of the I-94BL Columbia Avenue bridge over I-94 in Battle Creek will lead to the through lanes of I-94 to be closed each night this weekend. The expressway will be kept open during the day on Saturday and Sunday.
The interchange at mile 92 has been under reconstruction for a while, and the next step is replacement of the overpass and work on the ramps.
During the closures of I-94, all traffic will be routed onto the exit and entrance ramps.
After this weekend, two ramps will be closed.
I-94 closure July 17-20
- I-94 closed eastbound and westbound at exit 92 Friday 10 p.m. to Saturday 8 a.m.
- I-94 closed eastbound and westbound at exit 92 Saturday 9 p.m. to Sunday 10 a.m.
- I-94 closed eastbound and westbound at exit 92 Sunday 10 p.m. to Monday 6 a.m.
Ramp closures July 21-Sept. 7
- Ramp from I-94 eastbound to I-94BL Columbia Avenue northbound closed (Detour: exit at mile 98 I-194/M-66)
- Ramp from westbound I-94 to Mercury Drive southbound closed (Detour: exit at mile 88 Michigan Avenue)