Wisconsin baby ends up in intensive care after accidentally consuming vodka

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

KENOSHA, Wisc. — Police in Kenosha, Wisconsin, say a baby ended up in intensive care on Monday after accidentally ingesting vodka.

Police say it happened when the one-month-old child’s mother filled a container with water. The baby’s father poured out the water and filled the container with vodka, police say. The vodka was then used by the mother to make the baby’s bottle, according to WITI.

Police say the baby’s blood alcohol content was .294 percent. The legal limit to be considered a drunk driver in Michigan is .08.

The child ended up in the ICU at a local hospital as a precaution. The child’s condition is unknown at this time.

The baby’s father was arrested after an argument that occurred after the child drank the vodka, police said. There are no details regarding any recommended charges for the child’s father.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s