ArtPrize announces Top 20 in Jurors Shortlist
GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. — On Monday evening, ArtPrize Seven announced the Jurors Shortlist of entries that would be in the running to take home the $200,000 Juried Grand Prize.
Artists from around the world have come to our city to showcase their art and dream of going home with one of the two big cash prizes. The shortlist revealed the jurors’ favorites and a couple of them are from Michigan.
Four ArtPrize Seven category award jurors revealed their shortlists of five artist entries in the categories of 2D, 3D, Installation and Time-based. These 20 finalists will be in the running to win their respective $12,500 category awards and ultimately the $200,000 Juried Grand Prize. A fifth category award juror selected five ArtPrize venues to compete for the $12,500 Outstanding Venue juried award.
ArtPrize runs through Oct. 11.
Below is a complete list of the top 20 Jurors Shortlist finalists:
- GANGRENE at Boardwalk GR Condominiums, by John Haverty from Marion, MA
- Guryong Village in Seoul at GRCC Collins Art Gallery, by Soohyun Kim from Chicago, IL
- A Fearless Brother Project Presents: Realistic Neglects – A Graphic Series at Grand Rapids Art Museum, by Akibang Monroe O’Bryant from Kentwood, MI
- Fireside Chats at Craft House, by Britt Spencer from Savannah, GA
- Fragile Environments at First (Park) Congregational, by Diana Wege from New York, NY
- Mimesis at Frederik Meijer Gardens & Sculpture Park, by Kunihiro Akinaga from Amagasaki City, Hyogo Prefecture, Japan
- Uplift at Vandenberg (Calder) Plaza and Grand Rapids City Hall, by Jarrod Beck from New York, NY
- The Last Supper at Kendall College of Art & Design, by Julie Green from Corvallis, OR
- Relic at Urban Institute for Contemporary Arts, by Tamara Kostianovsky from Brooklyn, NY
- Anishinaabensag Biimskowebshkigewag (Native Kids Ride Bikes) at Grand Rapids Art Museum, by Dylan Miner from East Lansing, MI
- Constructing on Deconstructing at 250 Monroe, by Carolina Borja and Amy Toscani from Minneapolis, MN
- Stripes for St. Joseph at SiTE:LAB / The Rumsey Street Project, by Nick Kline from New York, NY
- the sculptural painting at Spiral, by Jovanni Luna from Nashville, TN
- In Our Element at Front Avenue under U.S. 131, by Ruben Ubiera from Miami, FL
- Something Old Something New at Monroe Community Church, by Lisa Williamson from Memphis, TN
- For the toward at SiTE:LAB / The Rumsey Street Project, by Boomerang from Gambier, OH
- T-Rex at Waterfront Film Festival, by Drea Cooper & Zack Canepari from Oakland, CA
- Higher Ground at SiTE:LAB / The Rumsey Street Project, by Kate Gilmore from Queens, NY
- Whisper at 250 Monroe, by Emily Kennerk from Zionsville, IN
- That Was Then at Kendall College of Art & Design / Fed Galleries @ KCAD, by Prince Thomas from Houston, TX