VAN BUREN COUNTY, Mich. – Detectives working on an 18-month investigation in Van Buren County have obtained arrest warrants for nine people for the delivery of narcotics and marijuana.
Seven people were arrested Wednesday and two suspects are still being sought for 21 different charges. The Van Buren County Sheriff’s office, along with Michigan State Police, the Covert Police Department and Hartford Police Department made the sweeps in Covert Township and Hartford.
The investigation included covert purchases of heroin, crack cocaine, powder cocaine and marijuana.
- Freddreka Walker, Hartford – Three counts of sale/delivery of cocaine
- Tonya Billings, Hartford – One count of sale/delivery of cocaine
- James Payton, Hartford – Three counts of sale/delivery of cocaine
- Rogelia Reyna, Hartford – Three counts of sale/delivery of marijuana
- Alfonso Coleman, Covert – Three counts of sale/delivery of cocaine
- Lavern Lewis, Covert – Three counts of sale/delivery of heroin
- Kenneth Jeffries, Covert – Two counts of sale/delivery of heroin
Two more suspects are wanted. One man is from Covert and wanted on one count of sale/delivery of cocaine and the other is from Hartford and wanted on two counts of sale/delivery of cocaine.
Each of the counts are a felony, punishable by up to 20 years in prison and/or a $25,000 fine.