Marshall High School evacuated for chlorine leak

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

Marshall High School

MARSHALL, Mich. – Marshall High School was evacuated Tuesday due to a chlorine leak.

The school district says that students were evacuated safely and taken to Marshall Middle School.  Parents can sign out their kids and pick them up at the middle school or students will be bused home once transportation has been arranged.

As of 4:30pm, the school has been cleared for occupancy and school activities have resumed, except for the pool.  Classes will resume Wednesday.

A maintenance worker was sent to the hospital after the incident as a precautionary measure.  He was treated and released and returned to the building in the afternoon.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

1 Comment

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.