GRAND RAPIDS, Mich.--If you're still looking for that perfect recipe for the holiday season, one West Michigan company is offering up some ideas.
The Old World Olive Company suggests using olive oils for holiday appetizers and meals. Here's the recipe for the meal shown in the video:
FIG AND BLUE CHEESE CROSTINI
1 French baguette, sliced
2 tbsp. Coratina Olive Oil
2 oz. goat cheese
4 oz. cream cheese
2 oz. Gorgonzola cheese
2 tbsp. fresh oregano, chopped
1⁄2 cup Fig Balsamic Vinegar
- Lightly brush baguette slices with olive oil, place in a single layer on a cookie sheet,
and bake in the oven at 350F until lightly toasted about 6-8 minutes.
- In the bowl of a food processor, combine the goat cheese, cream cheese, and blue
cheese. Process until smooth and spread on toasted crostini. Sprinkle with chopped
- Reduce Fig Balsamic in saucepan; heat vinegar until boiling, then reduce heat until
thickened, whisking to avoid burning, 5-6 minutes. Drizzle over cheese topped crostini.
The Old World Olive Company has three locations:
- 28 N. Main in Rockford
- 108 Monroe Center in Grand Rapids
- Downtown Market in Grand Rapids
Additional credit to Entertainment and Media Consultant, Chris Petras.