Benton Harbor man charged with additional CSC charges

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

Marcus Stewart, courtesy Berrien County Sheriff's Department.

BERRIEN COUNTY, Mich. — A Benton Harbor man faces additional criminal sexual conduct charges stemming from incidents that happened earlier this year.

In a press release issued Tuesday, the Berrien County Prosecutor’s Office said Marcus Stewart now faces 1st degree criminal sexual conduct assault by strangulation. Prosecutors said the first alleged incident happened in the 300 block of North Hull in Benton Harbor back in July 2015. ┬áThe second apparently happened in August of 2015 the 900 block of Ogden also in Benton Harbor.

Prosecutors said he was already facing CSC charges from a stint that allegedly occured on August 31, 2015.

His bond was set at $500,000 and his trial is scheduled to begin early next year.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.