KENT COUNTY, Mich. — A 32-year-old Cedar Springs man has pleaded guilty after calling 911 earlier this year and threatening to kill police officers.
Sylvester Jacob Estes has pleaded guilty to making a false report or threat of terrorism connected to the April 23 incident, according to the Kent County Sheriff’s Department.
Court documents indicate Estes called 911 and told a Kent County dispatcher he was going to harm people and kill police officers. He’s also accused of saying he had access to weapons and told dispatchers he was on his way to get them during the call.
When investigators made contact with Estes, he told them his intention was to “blow up a cop shop,” according to court records.
Estes will be sentenced Jan. 6.