Fire Chief: Mobile home in Grand Junction ‘total loss’

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

ALLEGAN COUNTY, Mich.-- Fire crews are calling a home near 104th Avenue and 45th street in Grand Junction 'a total loss.'

FOX 17 spoke to those living nearby. They tell us a passerby first saw the fire, they knocked on a neighbor's door and told them to call 9-1-1.

Lee Township Fire Chief, Ted Chamberlain, tells us they received that call around 7:00 Monday night and were able to put the fire out within 10 minutes after arrival.


They also received help from Columbia and Clyde fire crews.

Thankfully, there were no injuries and the homeowners were not home at the time.

Chief Chamberlain tells FOX 17 the fire does not look suspicious and that it likely started in the laundry room near the dryer.

As for the homeowners, neighbors say a male, female and young child live there.

We're told the homeowners are receiving assistance from The Red Cross.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.