Having trouble receiving FOX 17? Click here:

Man dies, family hospitalized from CO poisoning

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

EDWARDSBURG, Mich. – One person is dead and a family of five is hospitalized after being poisoned by carbon monoxide in a Cass County home.

Life Care ambulance was dispatched to the home in the 66000 block of Indigan Lane at about 5:30am Friday. A resident called dispatch complaining of feeling dizzy, faint, and short of breath.

Crews found five family members, a 46-year-old man, a 41-year-old woman, two five-year-old children and one three-year-old child, suffering from CO poisoning.  They had been on the first and second floors of the home.

A man staying in the basement of the home, Andrew Weston, 43, of Columbus, Indiana was found in the basement bedroom, deceased.

The preliminary investigation seems to show that the carbon monoxide was coming from an enclosed pool heating system.  The pool room and equipment room was near where Weston was found.

The family was taken to two different hospitals for treatment.  The family dog was taken in by Cass County Animal Control and is being held for the family to pick up when they are well.

 

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.