Winter Weather Advisory starts at 1:00 p.m.

Air conditioner unit smokes at RiverTown mall

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

GRANDVILLE, Mich. — Fire crews were sent to look into a report of a fire at RiverTown Crossings early Monday evening.

Grandville Fire Department determined that the HVAC heating and cooling unit was smoking and  emitting an “electrical odor” at the Rue 21 outlet in the mall. They found that the fan motor may have burnt up, causing the smoke. The unit will need to be replaced.

The mall was not evacuated and no injuries were reported.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s