The beginning of a new week marks the beginning of new projects, especially during road construction season. But June 6 marks an unusual number of new construction zones around West Michigan. At least one of them is likely to affect you:
I-196 ramp closure
- The ramp from westbound I-196 to M-11 28th Street exit 70 will be closed for reconstruction.
- Detour: Exit at Chicago Dr exit 69A, then Chicago Drive east to Wilson Avenue, Wilson Avenue north to 28th Street.
- June 6 - September 1.
- Lane closures will be in place nights and weekends between 28th Street and Wealthy Street for concrete repairs.
- There will be ramp closures at various interchanges on the weekends.
- June 6 - August 29
- M-37 Alpine Avenue will have lane closures between Alpenhorn Avenue and 10 Mile.
- All lane closures will be between 9 p.m. and 7 a.m.
- Crews will be working on right turn lanes and sidewalks during the day.
- June 6 - August 16.
- Cascade Road will be resurfaced between Kentmoor Avenue and I-96 with lane closures in both directions.
- June 7 - June 14
- There are two bridges that take M-66 over I-96 in Ionia County. Each will be closed separately for repairs.
- Lane closures on whatever bridge is open during the project.
- Project starts with construction of crossovers.
- June 6 - August 27
10 Mile closure
- 10 Mile Road closed between Young Avenue and Ramsdell Drive
- June 6 - June 15.
Morse Lake Avenue closure
- Morse Lake Avenue closed between 52nd Street and 60th Street in Lowell Township for repaving.
- June 6 - June 17.
- Lane closures on Dickman Road between I-194 and Fountain Street in Battle Creek for improvements at the Riverside Drive intersection.
- June 6 - July 29.
- Flag crews will control traffic on M-43 in Barry County for road work between Usborne Road and M-66
- June 6 - August 6