GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. — The Michigan Department of Transportation has a busy weekend planned for road crews, including nighttime closures of I-96 at Cascade Road, ramp closures on US-131 at Burton Street, a lane closure on I-196, and more.
Here’s the rundown:
I-96 closed at Cascade Road
- Bridge demolition
- I-96 closed eastbound and westbound at Cascade Road Friday 9 p.m. to 9 a.m. Saturday and Saturday 9 p.m. to 9 a.m. Sunday.
- Cascade Road closed over I-96 Friday 8:30 a.m. to 9 a.m. Saturday and Saturday 8:30 p.m. to Sunday 9 a.m.
- All freeway traffic in both directions will see a lane closure approaching the interchange and use the exit and entrance ramps to proceed on I-96.
- Detour: Westbound I-96 exit at East Beltline, south to Cascade Road or south to Fulton Street M-21, east to Forest Hill Avenue and south to Cascade Road. Eastbround I-96 exit at M-21 Fulton Street, go east to East Beltline and south to Cascade Road or west to Forest Hill Avenue and south to Cascade Road. Cascade Road use M-21 Fulton Street between Forest Hill Avenue and East Beltline.
US-131 lane and ramp closures
- Ramp repairs.
- Northbound US-131 left lane closures from Hall Street to Ann Street. The Wealthy Street exit ramp will be closed Saturday 11 a.m. to noon.
- Exit and entrance ramps at Burton Street closed from Friday 10 p.m. to Monday 5 a.m.
- Detour: Exit at 28th Street or at Hall Street.
I-196 lane closure
- Bridge work.
- Lane closure on eastbound I-196 over Butterworth Street from Friday 9 p.m. to Monday 5 a.m.
Lake Michigan Drive closure
Pedestrian tunnel construction.
- Lake Michigan Drive closed east of Kinney Avenue from Friday 8 p.m. to Monday 5 a.m.
- Detour: Leonard Street between Kinney Avenue and Collindale Avenue.
I-94 intermittent closures
- Road work.
15-minute closures on I-94 at 40th Street at various times from Friday 10 p.m. to Saturday 6 a.m.