- The 2016 Kids Count profile was released Tuesday morning by the Annie E. Casey Foundation.
In general terms, Michigan has improved in overall child well-being and gets high marks for children's health, but we have dropped to the tenth worst state in the nation for education.
Also there's plenty of other data that looks at Michigan’s performance in everything from fourth grade reading levels, to teen birth rates.
2. Dozens of jobs are up for grabs at a hiring event Tuesday.
West Michigan Works in Ottawa County is holding a job fair at the Holland Service Center, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
There are 62 positions available, from employers that include Walmart, Magna Mirrors, and others.
Some of the jobs are forklift drivers, cashiers, automotive service technicians, and many more.
Starting pay ranges from $9-$18 an hour. Bring plenty of copies of your resume.
3. Republican Party officials are watching Donald Trump's campaign closely for any more changes, after the presumptive GOP nominee fired his campaign manager Monday.
Trump told the O'reilly Factor last night it was time for a change in direction, which many in the party had been demanding for several weeks.
The now former campaign manager says he understands the decision, and he still supports Trump.
After recent setbacks, Trump is in need of a reboot to set his campaign back on course.
Experts say this move clears the way for Republican officials to help him take a more traditional approach to getting elected.
4. As if you already haven't been keeping a close eye on your cupboards and freezers for recalls this year, there are more frozen veggies being recalled.
The National Frozen Food Corporation is voluntarily pulling products due to possible listeria contamination.
This one covers mixed vegetables and frozen peas, packaged by several different companies
There have been no reports of illness related to the recalled items, which can be returned for full refund.
There was a similar recall in May, and additional related recalls are likely.
Click the link above for a full list of recalled products.
5. Today is a good day to tell someone to get bent, because it's the International Day of Yoga.
People across the globe are already celebrating, including a group of yoga enthusiasts in Argentina.
Many believe yoga, the ancient form of meditative exercise from India, is the best way to calm the mind and the best form of exercise for the body.