Man faces new charges in Muskegon Heights basketball game shooting

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

Mccaleb, ClarenceMUSKEGON, Mich. — A 22-year-old man is facing additional charges in connection with a shooting after a Muskegon Heights basketball game.

The Muskegon County Prosecutor’s Office says Clarence McCaleb was charged Friday with three counts of attempted murder and three counts of felony firearms.

McCaleb is accused of shooting three people after the  Feb. 9 game.   He was previously charged with assault with a dangerous weapon, felony firearm and carrying a concealed weapon.

According to the Muskegon County Prosecutor’s Office, McCaleb was confronted by a Muskegon County Sheriff’s Deputy after the initial shooting and the deputy shot him.

The prosecutor’s office says the deputy took the necessary action to save his life and others at the scene.

According to detectives, McCaleb told them that he had gone to Muskegon Heights to watch the basketball game. He ran into a group of people at the game and went out to his car to get a gun.  He told police that when he tried to leave, the group of people ran at him and he fired shots into the crowd.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

2 comments

  • steve

    This is the same jerk whose momma is suing over the treatment her son is receiving in jail. His medical “needs” aren’t being met. Too bad, lady. I’ve got a feeling that you weren’t exactly a model influence on him early early on in his life.