1. A special dedication ceremony is set for today, bringing a major addition to a popular local park.
Millennium Park is getting a 50 acre addition called The Meadows.
It includes a pavilion, amphitheater, boardwalk, trail system, and more.
This comes right after there was a dedication ceremony for a new trail system at the park.
Peter Secchia is expected to be on hand for the event, as well as Kent County officials.
The dedication is set to start at 6 p.m.
2. You now have a new way to get around town in West Michigan.
The ridesharing company Lyft just announced its launching in the Grand Rapids area at noon today.
The company, which is similar to Uber, prides itself in offering safe, friendly, and affordable rides with the click of a button.
To celebrate the launch, new passengers will be able to use the code “Beercity” to receive $5 off their first ride.
To sign up, simply download the Lyft app on your phone.
3. The best sandwich in Grand Rapids will be crowned today, as the annual Grandwich competition comes to a close.
Earlier this week, the top 10 sandwiches were announced. Around 4 p.m. this afternoon a panel of judges will taste all 10 of those, ultimately naming the winner.
Among the finalists of the restaurants include Black Heron, San Chez Bistro, and Stella's.
A record number of restaurants took part in the competition now in its 6th year.
4. This fall, you can catch a Tigers game, and get in some good stretches as the team is planning to hold a Yoga Day at Comerica Park.
You can buy a special package that includes tickets to the game, a Detroit Tigers yoga mat, and the opportunity to take part in a class on the field, after the game ends.
It all happens September 25. Tickets are on sale now, on the Tigers website.
They start at $24.
5. The Powerball jackpot has climbed to $478 million!
This makes it the fifth largest Powerball prize of all time and the eighth largest lottery prize in U.S. history.
The jackpot has been growing since May, with no grand prize winner in 22 consecutive drawings.
The next drawing is scheduled for this Saturday.
The lump sum payout is $330.6 million, minus taxes. Your odds of winning are about one in 292 million.