1. Plans are moving forward on a 40-story tower that would become the tallest building in Grand Rapids.
These are the new renderings of what the building would look. They want to build it in the triangular lot, behind police headquarters.
It will include hotel rooms on the first 10-floors, and apartments on the higher floors.
At 40-stories, the building will be taller than the River House Condos, just by 12 feet.
In July officials approved the height, but they've said they want more detail on its design.
The Historic Preservation Committee plans to discuss the plans Thursday night.
2. A local memorial to pay tribute to Michigan residents who died in the Vietnam War is one step closer to being finished.
On Tuesday a massive piece of granite for the memorial arrived in Belding.
The 2000 pound block was made in India and shipped to the U.S.
The piece contains the names of all the fallen service members from Michigan who lost their lives overseas.
In addition to the granite, a dozen pillars will go up to pay tribute to the fallen men and women from the Belding and Greenville areas.
3. Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump, who has slipped in the polls in recent weeks, has shaken up his campaign again.
He is now bringing in Stephen Bannon of “Breitbart News" as chief executive officer and promoting pollster Kellyanne Conway to campaign manager.
The move comes just 82 days before the November election.
Also, Trump is getting ready to make his second trip to Michigan this month
The republican presidential nominee plans to hold a rally near Lansing on Friday at the Summit Sports and Ice Complex".
Tickets are free, but you're limited to two seats.
4. For all you techies out there, today GoPro is releasing its 360-degree virtual reality camera.
The good news, it makes virtual reality products more easily available to the public.
The camera comes with a six-camera Omni rig; a piece of equipment used to mount multiple cameras and claims it's much easier to use than its predecessors.
It also comes with a license to use its software, which automatically stitches shots from all six cameras into one image.
The bad news it'll cost you $5,000.
5. We just couldn't pass up this viral video this morning as a zoo in Peru welcomes a special addition.
The birth of this female lion cub marks the first time in more than two decades since a lion has been born at the Legends Zoo in Lima.
The cub is now six weeks old, weighing at nearly nine pounds.
Zoo officials say she's in good health.
Once she grows older and stronger she'll return to the lion's public enclosure where she's expected to be the zoo's star attraction.