HOLTON, Mich. -- There was a frightening moment for first responders Monday when two firefighters fell through the floor while battling a house fire in Holton.
The fire happened at about noon along Syers Road.
One of the firefighters fell through the floor up to his waist, and the other fell all the way through. Fortunately, their injuries are minor.
"When the firefighter went through the floor, we had a mayday call go through our dispatch frequency so everybody responding knew what was going on," said Holton Fire Department Capt. Bryan Hawk.
The home was almost completely destroyed, and the family's pet bearded dragon died from smoke inhalation.
"It's pretty devastating," homeowner Wendy Olsen said.
Olsen says she and her family lived at the home for almost 20 years.
Firefighters from six departments responded to the scene.