1. In an effort to improve traffic, the city of Grand Rapids is launching new downtown parking rates and expanding free bus services.
The city's Mobile GR and Parking Department kicked off a new campaign aimed at letting people know how they're modernizing public parking and transit.
Not only do they hope it improves traffic, but they want to make it easier for people to get around on bikes or foot.
The new parking rate changes go into effect September 1, along with expanded bus services.
2. Artprize is just a few weeks away, and organizers say the size of this year's event will require about 500 more volunteers than year's past.
We're told there will be new programs, events and activities planned throughout the three week event, requiring 1,500 volunteers.
They need people to help out with exhibits and events, hospitality and visitor services.
If you'd like to sign up, you have to be at least 18 years old and register before September 10.
Artprize runs September 21 through October 9.
3. Today, two local breweries are going to start the process of brewing a special beer that'll be named after famous funny lady Gilda Radner.
The Mitten Brewing Company and New Holland Brewing are teaming up for the effort.
It's to commemorate the second West Side Walk for Gilda's Club, a walk and community and block party that Gilda's Club Grand Rapids is hosting.
The beer will be red ale, and it'll be called Gilda Redner.
It'll be available throughout the month of September at Mitten Brewing. The free event is happening on September 24 at Gilda's Club Grand Rapids on Bridge Street.
4. Famous rocker Ted Nugent is going to be in West Michigan tonight.
He's performing at the Kalamazoo State Theater on South Burdick.
The motor city mad man is expected to play well known hits including “Cat Scratch Fever”, “Fred Bear”, and “Wango Tango.”
Tickets range from $59.50 to $69.50. The doors open at 6 p.m.
5. Apple fans, the company set the date for its next product launch, which will likely include a look at the newest iPhone.
The event is set for a week from tomorrow on September 7.
The company sent out invitations Monday and they're expected to unveil the iPhone 7.
In addition, CEO Tim Cook and other apple executives will likely announce the official release dates for iOS 10 and other Apple operating systems.