MUSKEGON, Mich. -- The Muskegon County Prosecutor's Office says no charges will be filed against an officer who shot a teenage girl in the leg earlier this month.
The shooting happened Aug. 12 at Carriage House Apartments. During a press conference Tuesday, officials played 911 calls from the girl and her boyfriend as well as dash camera video of the incident.
Officials say Officer Doug Conrad was dispatched to the scene after the teen girl called 911 saying someone had taken her clothes. The initial call was dropped, and when the dispatcher called back, her 16-year-old boyfriend answered.
He told police he had been cut, that his girlfriend had a knife and that he was locked in a room. He requested an officer.
During the call he went outside, where his girlfriend allegedly chased him with a steak knife and a BBQ fork.
Investigators say Officer Conrad asked her to drop the weapons twice and he shot her when she didn't comply.
The girl is facing juvenile assault charges. Officer Conrad is still on administrative leave pending an internal review.
The girl's boyfriend told FOX 17 earlier this month that despite chaotic circumstances at the scene, police should not have shot her.