1. It may not be spring, but Tulip Time is holding a special event this weekend as part of the festival!
It's the first ever Pedal of the Provinces.
It's a bicycle tour to celebrate, because this is the time when the bulbs are planted.
There are different mile options, from ten and a half miles, all the way up to 63 miles.
You'll go through downtown historic sites in Holland and Zeeland along the way.
All the routes begin and end at the Windmill Island Gardens.
Tulip Time is May 6-14 of next year.
2. A local distillery was recently recognized at an international competition.
Long Road Distillers, on Leonard Street in Grand Rapids, took part in the New York World Wine and Spirits competition.
Their corn whiskey called "Aquavit" nabbed three honors at the competition, including best in show, and a double gold medal.
This was just one of many competitions so far this year that the distillery took awards home from.
3. Federal regulators officially recalled one million Samsung Galaxy Note Seven smartphones following reports that they were catching fire.
Dozens of users reported fires while the phones were charging. The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission got 92 reports of batteries overheating and burning people or damaging property.
Earlier this month, Samsung said that it would stop selling the phone.
4. The Allegan County Fair is wrapping up this weekend, but tonight Rascal Flatts will be taking the stage.
The show starts at 7 p.m. and tickets range from $25 to $67.
The fair also includes a demolition derby and carnival rides.
Tickets for the fair cost $7 for adults and $4 for kids.
5. You can join in the fight against breast cancer, during the Susan G. Komen race for the cure on Saturday.
It's at 9 a.m. at Ah-Nab-Awen Park in downtown Grand Rapids.
Online registration is closed, but you can register in person on Thursday, starting at 6:30 a.m.
Since it started in 1983, the Komen Race for the Cure series has grown from one race with 800 people to a global series of more than 150 races with nearly one million people participating on four continents.