Excessive Heat Warning Issued for West Michigan

Dog recovering after being stung by bees

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

ALLEGAN, Mich. - A dog is recovering from hundreds of bee stings at a rescue facility.

The dog is being called Stinger, and was abandoned at an emergency clinic according to Carri Shipaila, president of Luvnpups, an animal rescue that specializes with puppies. She says Stinger was attacked by a swarm of ground bees and suffered a severe reaction to the stings.

Shipaila says Stinger also has sarcoptic mange, or scabies, a highly contagious skin parasite that causes bad itching and can create scabs and hair loss.

Social media has been buzzing about the 10-month old pitbull mix, with many people asking about adoption. Before that can happen, Shipaila says the first priority is healing, which will take at minimum 8 - 12 weeks.

Stinger is currently resting comfortably at Allegan Veterinary until he can be moved to a quarantined foster home.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

1 Comment

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.