YMCA offering childcare for parents to get out and vote Tuesday
GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. – YMCA locations around West Michigan are offering child care for parents on Election Day, so they can get out and vote.
Kids Day Out is available for parents on November 8 at six YMCA locations. Child care must be reserved in two hour blocks and 24 hour advance registration is required. The service is free for YMCA members and $6 per child for non-members. Space is limited.
The locations available are:
- David D. Hunting YMCA – 475 Lake Michigan Dr. NW in Grand Rapids
- Mary Free Bed YMCA – 5500 Burton SE in Grand Rapids
- Spartan Stores YMCA – 5722 Metro Way in Wyoming
- Wolverine Worldwide Family YMCA – 6555 Jupiter in Belmont
- Visser Family YMCA – 3540 Fairlanes in Grandville
- Lowell YMCA – 1335 West Main in Lowell
Kids Day Out is part of the YMCA’s Zoe for President program, the Y’s effort to get a one-year-old girl today, elected president in 2064.