A big question crosses people's minds after Thanksgiving: What am I going to do with all this leftover turkey?
Nationally recognized menopause specialist, Dr. Diana Bitner from Spectrum Health, showed us how to make one of her favorite recipes with Thanksgiving leftovers.
- Chicken broth
- Leftover turkey
- Olive oil
- Brown rice
- Salt and pepper
- Fill a pot half way with water and put it on the stove, get it to a boil.
- Peel off the skins on all the vegetables and garlic. Put the skins in the bowl and let it cook for an hour.
- Chop up the skinless vegetables and put them in a separate pot.
- Saute the vegetables with olive oil. Once cooked to your liking, add the turkey.
- Once the broth is done cooking, put a strainer over the pot with all your ingredients and pour the broth into the pot. The strainer will keep the skins out of the finished product.
- Add the desired amount of brown rice (cooked) in the soup to thicken it up.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.