GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. -- Gilda's LaughFest is taking shape for 2017. The comedy festival's seventh year will include popular returning acts, such as Iliza and Sinbad, said festival sponsors Gilda's Club Grand Rapids.
Multiple comedy events are planned for March 9 - 19, 2017. Iliza will appear March 17 at Fountain Street Church. She sold out her LaughFest shows in 2015. Sinbad appears March 10 at Fountain Street Church.
Tickets are available at various levels and access. Festival badges for multiple performances range from $99 to $499. Sales for badges begin later in December; single ticket sales begin later in January.
Many acts have been announced. Here are some of the events where the funny happens:
- Bissell Presents Clean Comedy Showcase features multiple shows March 9 – March 11 at the BOB.
- The Best of the Midwest Competition March 15 at the BOB.
- The Gun Lake Casino Presents National Stand-up Comedy Showcase March 17 and 18 at the BOB.
- LaughFest’s Best, a sampling of comedians appearing in the festival.
- Pop Scholars, a four-man improv team.
- River City Improv, clean adult comedy.