Fire makes family’s home uninhabitable two days before Christmas

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

NORTON SHORES, Mich. -- A fire that started in the basement of a family's Norton Shores home left enough smoke damage that the family can't live there, just two days before Christmas.

The homeowner woke up smelling smoke and got his wife, daughter, and dog out of the house safely. The fire took place on W. Hile Road near Davis Road.

The fire ate through a water line, which left about four feet of water in the basement, which actually helped douse the fire.

The call for help came to dispatchers at about 5:23 a.m. Friday, and crews had the fire out at about 6:03 a.m.



Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s