Suspect in Muskegon Heights basketball game shooting pleads no contest

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

Clarence McCaleb, courtesy Muskegon County Jail.

MUSKEGON COUNTY, Mich. — The suspect accused of opening fire after a basketball game at Muskegon Heights High School last year plead no contest to all charges.

Clarence McCaleb, 22, was charged three counts of assault with intent to murder and three counts of felony firearms in the case. He was accused of shooting three people Feb. 9 after a basketball game.

Detectives say McCaleb told them he ran into a group of people and went to his car to get a gun. He told police that when he tried to leave, the group of people ran at him and he fired shots into the crowd.

McCaleb was eventually shot by a Muskegon County Sheriff’s deputy.

He will spend at least two years behind bars. He’s scheduled to be sentenced April 4.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s