Victims identified in fatal carbon monoxide poisoning

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

Photo of Chloe Stevens from GoFundMe page

SPRINGFIELD, Mich. – Two people continue to recover from a carbon monoxide poisoning incident that killed a young girl last week.

Chloe Stevens, 11, died in the incident at the home in the 700 block of Michigan in Springfield, Michigan. The Calhoun County Sheriff says that Harold Ward, 44, remains in critical condition and Sandee Confer, 41, is now in stable condition.

Deputies say a gas-powered generator was being used in the home to power a kerosene heater, which created an extreme amount of carbon monoxide in the building.

When officers arrived they found all three unconscious and had to force their way inside.

Chloe’s older sister, Judy Stevens-Carlson, says her family is planning on burying her in Port Huron, which is where she was born and lived most of her life before moving to West Michigan. They set up a GoFundMe page to help pay for funeral expenses.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s