Family: House fire was started by lightning

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

LOWELL, Mich. - A family escaped a house fire in Lowell Thursday morning and they believe that it was caused by lightning.

The fire broke out about 7:45am in the 2600 block of Lincoln Lake NE.

Kim Wittenbach had already left the house for work at the time.

Her husband, Ken Whittenbach, was in his office at the time. His office is on the same property as the house, but was unaware of the fire until a neighbor started honking outside. That's when he called 9-1-1.

No one was injured.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s