Suspect involved with standoff surrenders to GRPD officers

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. -- Darrell Jones, II, 27, faces a 6 count felony warrant after a 7 hour stand off with Grand Rapids police.

He surrendered after a standoff at a home on More Street NE is in custody, according to police.

The incident began just before 10 p.m. on Thursday  after a 911 reporting a subject had shot a round of gunfire into the ground near College Avenue in Grand Rapids.

After fleeing on foot, the suspect held up a residence on More Street NE where two adults and two children were residing.  The residents made it out safely.

After hours of negotiations the suspect exited the home and was taken into police custody.

According of police due to the dangerous situation they took their time with the negotiations to ensure a safe resolution.

Police say Jones is expected in 61st District Court on the following charges:

· Home Invasion 1st Degree (20 years)
· Discharge Firearm in or at a building (10 years)
· Carrying a Concealed Weapon (5 years)
· Possession of a Firearm by a Felon (5 years)
· Police Animal/Search and Rescue Dog-Injuring/Harassing while committing a crime (2 years)
· Felony Firearm (2 years)

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s


  • learnedmylesson25

    The guy broke.into someone elses home and it’s a secret?The woman whose body was found behind her apartment,dead–and a “person of interest”,picked up–nothing after that.Why does this crime disappear from the news?

  • learnedmylesson25

    Another standoff this morning on Chatham and Lane nw.This is all accepted now as normal behavior on the “New West Side”.What will we have to look forward to over the weekend and summer?Thank you mayor and city commission for allowing this to happen to,what WAS,a very safe part of GR.Diversity–my eye.The West side is ruined.