GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. — Chances that you will encounter some form of road construction are really good this weekend, especially driving to and through downtown Grand Rapids. In both areas, there are weekend lane closures and ramp closures.
Downtown Grand Rapids
- Ramps closed from Ionia Avenue to eastbound and westbound I-196 due to paving on Michigan Street until noon Sunday, June 18.
- Detour: Use College Avenue on-ramps.
- Ramps continue to be closed through Wednesday from eastbound and westbound I-196 to Ottawa Avenue for reconstruction of the ramps at Michigan Street.
- Ramp closed from southbound US-131 to 14 Mile from Friday 9 a.m. to June 28.
- Detour: Exit at 17 Mile, the ramp that previously was closed but reopened Thursday.
- Intermittent lane closures on northbound and southbound US-131 between M-6 and 44th Street on Saturday and Sunday, June 17-18.
- Lane closures on eastbound and westbound I-196 between US-131 and Market Avenue.
- Ramps closed:
- Southbound US-131 to westbound I-196.
- Northbound US-131 to westbound I-196.
- Eastbound I-196 to Lane Avenue.
- Detour on US-131 ramp closures: East to College Avenue, exit and return to westbound I-196. Or use Market Avenue between US-131 and I-196.
I-94 (Due to expected weather, MDOT has postponed this work until next weekend)
- Lane and ramp closures on I-94.
- Left lane closed eastbound I-94 from 9th Street to Oakland Drive.
- Right lane closed westbound I-94 from Oakland Drive to 9th Street.
- Ramps closed to westbound I-94 from southbound and northbound US-131.
- All activity from Friday 10 p.m. to Monday 6 a.m., June 23-26.