Used firework reignites in trashcan, burns side of home in Muskegon Twp

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

MUSKEGON TWP, Mich. — A house fire started in Muskegon Township after a used firework reignited in the trash Tuesday evening.

Muskegon Township firefighters say a family threw used fireworks inside a plastic trash can against the house in the 900 block of N Mill Iron Road. The fireworks were still hot and started a fire that burned the front side of the home.

Nobody was hurt/

Fire and smoke damage to the house will prevent the family from staying there. The Red Cross will be housing them until their home is cleared out.

Firefighters recommend expended fireworks be dumped into a five-gallon bucket of water. Wait a day, and then throw them away.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

1 Comment