Commercial dryer fire causes hotel evacuation

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

PORTAGE, Mich. — A fire in the laundry area at the Courtyard Marriot in Portage was a wake-up call for guests and staff as they had to evacuate the hotel around 10:45 p.m. on Monday.

Officials arrived on scene and located the fire in a commercial dryer.  The fire caused heavy smoke to fill the lobby of the hotel.

According to police, it took about an hour and a half to extinguish the fire and ventilate the area.

No one was injured during this incident.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

w

Connecting to %s