Having trouble receiving FOX 17? Click here:

Kalamazoo apartment fire displaces one resident

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

KALAMAZOO, Mich. —  The Kalamazoo Department of Public Safety says one person was displaced from their home Thursday night because of a fire.

A kitchen fire broke out around just before 8 p.m. in the 500 block of Denway Circle. Police say they saw smoke coming from a first-floor apartment when they arrived on the scene. It took firefighters 40 minutes to bring it under control.

The displaced resident is being assisted by the Red Cross, according to the DPS.

The Fire Marshal is now investigating what sparked the fire. Anyone with more information about it should contact the Kalamazoo Department of Public Safety at (269)-337-8994 or Silent Observer at (269)-343-2100.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.