1. Degage Ministries in Grand Rapids will host a Thanksgiving meal for the Heartside neighborhood tonight.
Organizers are expecting about 250 people to come out for dinner. It starts at 5 p.m. at the facility on Division Avenue.
2. Feeding America West Michigan is hosting a Thanksgiving Mobile Food Pantry today.
They'll have fresh produce and beverages too. Organizers are asking people to pre-register online, and only after that will they get an email with a location and time for the pantry.
There are still some spots open to register for the 1:30 and 2 p.m. pantries.
3. Last minute preparations are underway in New York for the Macy's Thanksgiving Parade.
On Tuesday performers were putting the finishing touches on their routines, and this year the Rockford High School Marching Band will perform. They're the first band from our area to take part.
Other entertainers include the Radio City Rockettes, Jimmy Fallon, and rapper Common. Of course there will be floats and the famous giant balloons, including the Pillsbury Doughboy and Charlie Brown.
The parade has been a tradition since 1924.
4. The Elf on the Shelf is gearing up for its sixth appearance in the annual Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade in New York, and the Christmas-time phenomenon continues to gain popularity.
11-million copies of the book, which comes with a pixie elf doll, have been sold since it launched in 2005.
According to the tradition, the elf's job is to keep an eye on children in the house and report back to Santa each night about their behavior.
The elf moves when the kids are sleeping, and the children have to find their elf in a different spot each morning.
5. Everyone knows the Thanksgiving staples: turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, and a few others. But what about putting all of those foods on a pizza?
A supermarket chain from the east coast, called Stew Leonard's, is selling a Thanksgiving pizza!
The pie has a traditional pizza dough crust, but it's got a whole Thanksgiving Meal on top of it. The pizza has turkey and all the familiar side dished like mashed potatoes, stuffing, cranberry sauce, green beans, and gravy.
Stew Leonard's says that if people like the Thanksgiving Pizza, they will bring it back next year.