Man dies after massive Grand Haven fire

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

GRAND HAVEN, Mich. — One of the victims from a massive house fire in Grand Haven over the weekend died from his injuries.

Grand Haven police say Jon Carlson, 71, died Sunday morning from smoke inhalation. Carlson was trapped inside the burning home and rescued by firefighters.

The fire broke out Saturday morning in the 600 block of North 5th Street. Police say it was caused by a cigarette being thrown away in a planter on the front porch.

Two others were taken to the hospital for minor smoke inhalation injuries, but they were released later that day.

 

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

3 comments

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.