STANTON, Mich. – The Montcalm County Sheriff’s office in Stanton, Michigan got a first hand look at the opioid overdose problem on Thursday.
In a Facebook post Friday, the department posted that on Thursday a woman ran into the lobby of the Sheriff’s Office/EMS Department asking for help with her brother, who was unconscious in her car. Deputies contacted EMS and administered a 4mg dose of NARCAN, the opioid overdose medication. EMS staff performed rescue breathing on the man, a 27-year-old from Howard City, and after more treatment, he woke up and was taken to the hospital for further treatment.
FOX 17 spoke with those involved in the save and what the department wants residents to know about the opioid crisis. We’ll have more on FOX 17 News starting at 5:00 p.m.