Late-night house fire breaks out in Georgetown Township

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

FOX 17 photo taken by Dino Kahrimanovic.

UPDATE: 11:35pm Tuesday

A fire spokesman tells FOX 17 at the scene the fire likely began in the chimney. No injuries being reported.



GEORGETOWN TOWNSHIP, Mich. —  Firefighters in Jenison are fighting a house fire late Tuesday night.

Crews were dispatched to the 8400 block of Meadowbrook Drive around 10:38 p.m.

Ottawa County Central Dispatch Authority confirms to FOX 17 that all residents in the house got out safely, and that it was fully aflame by the time firefighters arrived on the scene. But there was no early word on what sparked the fire.

A FOX 17 reporter on-scene reported at 11:05 p.m. that smoke was still showing in the house, but no flames were visible.

This is a developing story. 

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.