Surprise encounter: Raccoons fall through living room ceiling

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

SHERIDAN TOWNSHIP, Mich. — Emergency crews responded to a rescue call like no other near Albion Friday evening.

According to a lieutenant with the Sheridan Township Fire Department, a mother raccoon and her babies fell through the ceiling of a home and onto the sofa in the living room. The gentleman who lives there told emergency crews he heard a loud crash before finding the raccoons.

The Albion Department of Public Safety released video on Saturday of crews working to safely remove them. (Caution: Video contains strong language)

Their efforts were successful and the mama raccoon and her babies were released back into the wild in Sheridan Township.

The lieutenant says he was bit despite wearing safety gloves and received rabies shots as a precaution.

 

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

20 comments

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.