Fire damages Culver’s restaurant in Sturgis

STURGIS, Mich. — A Sunday morning fire damaged a Culver’s restaurant.

At 2:28 a.m. Sunday, the Sturgis  Fire Department was dispatched to Culver’s at 830 S. Centreville Road for a report of smoke in the building.  Upon arriving at the scene, firefighters found the building full of smoke from an unknown origin.

After entering the restaurant and investigating, firefighters found a clothes dryer burning in the rear of the restaurant.  The fire had been contained to only the dryer by a working sprinkler head.

The remaining fire was put out and the washer/dryer unit was removed from the building.

The building sustained minor smoke damage and no structural damage. However, there was a large amount of water from the activated sprinkler head and due to water in the electric panels the main power meter to the building had to be turned off.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

1 Comment

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.