1 hurt as propane explosion destroys home near South Haven

CASCO TOWNSHIP, Mich. -- A fire broke out at about noon Sunday at 6016 104th Ave in Allegan County, injuring the home's occupant. Officials suspect a propane tank exploded, setting fire to the home.

The South Haven Area Emergency Services Authority (SHAES) responded, taking the as-yet unidentified woman to the Bronson Burn and Wound Center in Kalamazoo.

SHAES Chief, Ron Wise tells FOX 17 that firefighters from Clyde, Columbia, Ganges, and Lee townships were needed to contain the blaze.

The home, garage, and a vehicle inside the garage are a complete loss.

 

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.