High School Football Scoreboard

Car fire spreads to Grandville family’s home; no injuries

GRANDVILLE, Mich. - A family in Grandville narrowly avoided disaster when a vehicle parked outside their home caught fire early Saturday morning thanks to a quick response from firefighters.

Officials with the Grandville Fire Department said the blaze started around 3 a.m. outside of a home on Mill Street near Grandville Middle School.

While firefighters were quick in responding to the incident, the fire did eventually spread from the vehicle to the family's home, causing some damage to the siding and destroying the house's gas meter. No one was injured, however.

Damage to the home was minimal, officials said, though the family was temporarily left without power.

Consumers Energy was on scene shortly after the incident working to restore power. The vehicle was a total loss.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.