Fire damages apartment in Kalamazoo

3000 S. Burdick St. - Kalamazoo

KALAMAZOO, Mich. – A family is without a home after a fire in a Kalamazoo apartment Wednesday morning.

The fire happened about 6:20 a.m. at an apartment in the 3000 block of S. Burdick Street. First responders found smoke coming from a third story apartment. The resident of the apartment and two children were able to escape uninjured.

The Red Cross is assisting the residents with temporary housing.

The fire is believed to have started in the kitchen as a cooking fire, but is still under investigation.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.